Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi honeys, I'm home!

We’re back from the Lake District where we experienced just about every type of weather in just a few short days. Regardless of the typically unreliable conditions we enjoyed amazing scenery and a long overdue break from being on a computer all the time. I've refilled my creative well, which is good news because the next 9 or 10 weeks are all about meeting deadlines.

Came back to lots of good news and a major bummer -- my website had been hacked. Nasty peeps! :( We’ve got it all sorted and running again now, a major task. Many apologies if you called around when it was acting weird.

The good news: first up 2 new short story sales. I’ll have a story in the PASSION anthology, due out in November! This one is erotic romance for women, edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel and published by Cleis Press. In the same batch of email came news that I had a story accepted for THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF HOT ROMANCE! This one is edited by Maxim Jakubowski, due out Spring 2011.

I also received my copy of RT Book Reviews Magazine and found reviews of 3 anthologies that include my work, all due in July. SECRETS VOLUME 29 (Red Sage) and ALISON’S WONDERLAND (edited by Alison Tyler) both got 4 star reviews and FAIRY TALE LUST (edited by Kristina Wright) got a 4.5 review. Very exciting to see them all featured there and so well received.

It also made me realise that I have work in SIX anthologies all being published in July! 5 short stories and a novella. It's just the way it happens, I didn't produce them all in one month, believe me. I wish! :o) But the blog will be featuring each book as it comes out. Lots of new short stories and a novella that I absolutely adored writing, it's an exciting time!

Have a great weekend!