Saturday, April 28, 2007

Where I'm at

My desk is slowly disappearing under scraps of paper covered in illegible scribbles, notes and stuff I must remember to add to the work in progress, RECKLESS. Deeply immersed in the book now, which is a good thing. I need to get to the halfway point, at least, by the first of May, to feel confident about making my deadline. I’m almost there. Got to make it!

It’s been a pretty quiet week otherwise, mostly because I’m so locked into the book now. We’re having glorious sunshine here in England, truly summer weather, and when I grab my five-minute breaks I go sit outside to get some light.

I had a terrific new review for THE STRANGELING from Terry at Quality Book Reviews, who said I had "a magical imaginative spark in storytelling" which really helped my motivation. I’m also doing an interview with Terry, who has some very interesting questions. In the meantime here’s a quick snip from the review.

The Strangeling is a short fantasy novel that is packed with vivid details and a precise amount of action. Walker writes the story with impact and the story is a superbly crafted erotic fantasy. The characters are well developed with detail and the author manages to tie the characters together well.

This is the first of the author’s works I have had the pleasure of reviewing and have to admit I am hooked. I look forward to her new release next month which is also a fantasy entitled “Unveiling The Sorceress”. A Magical 5 stars for The Strangeling! Read more..


Back to work on RECKLESS. If I do okay I get let out on good behaviour :) I get to see the Cruxshadows play live, with a night at a hotel thrown in. I like yummy goals like that to aim for ;) Wish me luck to make my mini deadline. I’ll let you know if I do.