Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Exciting new anthology series

Alison Tyler's latest hot idea was to edit an erotic anthology series running A through to Z. The series will be published by Cleis Press starting early next year. The first books will be A is for Amour, B is for Bondage, and so on. These books are going to be gorgeous, highly collectable too. I know I want the whole series already! The best news is I’ve got a story in the first one, A is for Amour. I’m so pleased to be part of this exciting new collection. The story, Arran’s Lure, is a new favourite of mine. For the theme I set out to try to capture the many fleeting sides of amour, from desire to love to the pain of being separated, as well as the concept of what we have to give up to grab hold of happiness. It was a tall order for a short story, and I wondered if I could pull it off, even fleetingly! I’m so pleased the story has worked out and will be in the collection. Check out the gorgeous cover! Love the style of the whole series.

"A Is For Amour, B Is For Bondage, C Is For Co-Eds and D Is For Dress-Up kick off a new series from Alison Tyler and Cleis Press. From Amour to Zippers, this alphabetical extravaganza of erotic delights features 26 hot volumes of explicit, playful stories. A Is For Amour begins the series with arousing tales of desire from writers such as Saskia Walker and R. Gay. From Tsaurah Litzky’s “Sharing the Love,” about a risqué three-way between two partners and their long-time friend, to Le Petit Déjeuner by Jeremy Edwards, where love is blind enough to make Cleveland seem like Paris, these writers show why love makes the world go ’round."

In other news, I’ve been proofing galleys for The Strangeling today. I always get nervous at this stage, afraid I’ll hate the story. There are always bits I would write differently, I think most writers are like that at this stage of the process, but I totally fell in love with the story all over again. I can’t wait until January and to hold it in my hands.
Many, many thanks to all those who called by yesterday to comment on my Amazon WTF? :) I’m grateful and relieved tbh. I don’t feel so bad knowing it’s not just me. I’ll probably just post to the dang thing when a new book is due or whatever.