Friday, August 20, 2010

MAMMOTH THREESOMES - US and UK Covers

For anyone who was interested in my recent post about the different covers on the US and UK editions of THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF THREESOMES AND MORESOMES, here are the final versions.

The US cover is on the left, UK on the right. Same cover, image filtered on the US version... fascinating!



Yes, my author copies arrived today! :) Checking out the contents list I'm awed and honoured to have my story listed in such a great line up! The book really lives up to its Mammoth name, and it's great value. If you enjoy threesome (or moresome!) stories, be sure to check it out!

Amazon UK
Amazon US

4 comments:

Madelynne Ellis said...

I kind of have to ask why regarding the filter?

Congrats on the release. Sounds like a good antho to pick up.

Saskia Walker said...

It's odd isn't it. I'm guessing it's an attempt to veil the explicitness, but it doesn't really work. It does make the third person almost invisible. She's along the bottom of the image in a 69er position to the other two, and you can see her hair etc much clearer on the spine of the UK cover. Could also be to obscure gender.

I know that the book buyers asked for the Secrets volume 29 cover to be altered and a bit more shadow was added over the man's bare chest at the bottom. The reason was it might offend some buyers.... He still looks naked to me, but the first version did suggest he was *completely* naked ;-) http://www.saskiawalker.co.uk/secrets29.jpg

Annemarie Hartnett said...

I thought it was really interesting that at my local store (Canada) RAMPANT was on the naughty shelf while my visit to the US Midwest found it in the romance section. Maybe the blend of genres explains the need for tamer covers where little eyes and hands have access.

Regardless it is a very hot cover. Congratulations on the anthology!

Saskia Walker said...

Thank you Annemarie! That is interesting, isnt it! Here in England you can find erotic romance shelved in either or both sections. In fact they've recently put the erotica and romance bookshelves next to each other in my local big bookshop, after years of having erotica shelved next to CRIME. :o)