Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's on the desk, and 2 new reviews

One of the things I’ve been working on these past few days is proofing galleys for UNASHAMED. This is a collection of my short stories from across the time I’ve been writing, a follow up/partner book to UNLEASHED. This one includes (amongst 17 others) my very first ever paid sale, “In Pursuit of Knowledge,” which has been out of print for ages. It was the first erotic short story I ever wrote, my first paid sale, and it appeared in the first ever erotic short story anthology published by Black Lace, a book called SUGAR AND SPICE. I recently had rights returned by Black Lace/Random House and I’m delighted to be able to include it.

UNASHAMED will be published by eXcessica later in the year, in both ebook and print. Here’s the cover flat.





Two great new reviews for RAMPANT came in over the last week or so. I'm so glad readers are liking this book!! First up some great comments from Love Romances Blogspot:

This book pulled me in so completely I didn't even notice how uncomfortable my computer chair was. I was drawn to this book because of the paranormal aspects of the book. I'm not even sure how to describe this book except to say, it sizzles! I never thought of myself as a blusher when it comes to reading erotica, but I must say I found myself doing that a lot while reading this great story...

If I had this book in paperback form I think I would have devoured this book in one sitting. It's one of those books that just pull you right in. I wasn't prepared for how well, sizzling the love scenes were-but you know something, they all fit with the story...there was a tiny bit of everything: m/m, (very briefly) and few almost w/w scenes. I really liked Zoe and could feel the turmoil she was dealing with-everything from the recent death of her mother, to the weird stuff happening in her vacation cottage, to being drawn to three different guys. There were two scenes with marmalade and wine, that made me go "why haven't I ever thought of that?" This book also has flashbacks from Annabel's life, and I have to say I loved that storyline-and the paranormal aspect of just made the story that much more compelling. Full review.



And 4/5 stars and more good news from Night Owl Reviews:


This was the perfect blend of suspense, mystery, magic, and just enough hot steamy sex to keep everything interesting without overwhelming the plot. I enjoyed how I was kept guessing until the very end -- not that it wasn't clear who was the ultimate bad guy in the situation, but I loved how his followers actually seemed to be humans with very real questions and desires instead of just being dead-eyed flunkies in it for the kicks of being evil. For that matter, even the big baddie comes across as deceptively human and sympathetic at times. Walker weaves a tight tale, not only keeping all the elements of a good mystery in line, but also retaining all the good parts of mundane living: food, eating, family, and of course, the rousing sex. With this on the bookshelf, I know I'll definitely be looking forward to more of Walker's novels in the future. Sex and magic -- what's not to like? Full review.


In book availability news, INESCAPABLE is now available from Fictionwise and All Romance Ebooks, and in print from Amazon.com.

I've got another new cover to share tomorrow!