Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's okay, I haven't run away screaming...

It was touch and go there for a couple of days but I can now report that I haven't gone completely do-lally because of my to-do list. :) Not yet. In fact the list is moving along nicely. I even sighed with relief because it now feels manageable. Hurray!

The short story I was working on (Gridlocked) is done and gone, and in a bit of wonderful synchronized timing the edits for INESCAPABLE came in -- with some terrific feedback from my editor.

INESCAPABLE and RAMPANT (the two novels I've written over the last year) are both on my desk for edits and proofing at the moment. Once I got over the panic (lol!) I realised that it feels amazing to be at this stage with them both at the same time. It means I can see the results of my year's novel writing when it's almost ready to go out in the world.

And in even more amazing news, the editor feedback I've had on both these books makes me feel I might finally be getting the hang of this writing lark... :o} I know, it took me a while.

I'm working on the INESCAPABLE edits over the weekend and then onward to RAMPANT. The story ideas for the serial comission I posted about a few days ago are busy popping up in the background, and I'm eager to get on with that. I'm excited. Can you tell?

Have a great weekend, folks!