Saturday, May 09, 2009

What's going on with me?

I haven’t blogged in a while, oops. Real life conspired to throw a bunch of stuff at me all at once, as it sometimes does. In the midst of that I decided my priorities were to write when I could, and read when I couldn’t write. I haven’t been on line much, and I'm making slow progress with INESCAPABLE, the current novel in progress. I'm enjoying this story immensely but it’s a big challenge too, as it should be. I also recently finished and subbed a new short story, ONE LAST TIME. That one was a tough write because I wanted it to be really special to live up to an unusual theme in erotica. I wrangled with the story a lot, but I did like it when it was done. Fingers crossed the editors like it too!

I’ve also read another awesome Kresley Cole novel -- NO REST FOR THE WICKED, a totally fulfilling read. I’m all out of order with this series but it doesn’t matter, I’m loving every moment. Kresley Cole is a goddess of an author. I don’t have time to post a full review but I’ll do a summary of what I love about Kresley Cole’s work at some future date.

I’m hoping to get away from the home front for a few days this week, and the plan is to post the readers contests I mentioned before I go, promise. They're a bit of a thank you for those readers who have tried my work in one format, with a giveaway from another format.

In book news ALONG FOR THE RIDE is now available in print in the US! This early work has been out in ebook for several years and now its gone to print. It's already available in the UK through Amazon UK, and now Amazon.com have it in stock as well. Readers who enjoyed my contemporary novels DOUBLE DARE and RECKLESS might enjoy this story as well. It's a contemporary ménage a trois story. If you'd like to read an excerpt and reviews GO HERE.

In other book news, my short novella ONE ENCHANTED NIGHT is now available on Fictionwise with a discount for the first few days.

I'll pop back later to post the contests!