Thursday, April 23, 2009

Red Sage news, + what else is happening with me

The official announcement has been made at the Romantic Times Convention so I can now share the latest Red Sage Publishing news. We're turning Japanese! Publisher, Alexandria Kendall, has secured a Japanese language rights deal through English Agency Japan (EAJ) with SoftBank Creative, a Japanese publishing company located in Tokyo. They are already translating some of the stories. The translations deal is excellent news for a small press! Can’t wait to see some of the Japanese SECRETS covers. :)

In other news, rights to my Juno fantasy romance novels have now returned and the books are no longer available through Fictionwise. There are a few print copies left at Amazon, Amazon UK, and various other outlets, but after that they will be out of print.

It feels like the end of an era and I'm sad my time with Juno is over. I learnt so much from the talented editor, Paula Guran, and had the chance to stetch my wings in fantasy a little bit, which has really helped me grow as a writer. I’m hoping to re-release these two novels, (for which I received some of my best reviews ever,) but obviously I have an idea when that might be. So.. if you want to read one, grab a copy now.

So, what am I working on now? I’m currently writing INESCAPABLE, a contemporary suspense novel. (I’m also writing a short story that is due very soon, eek!) INESCAPABLE is a ménage a trois story set in London and North Wales. When I’m working on this one I totally loose track of time! The characters and their situation have me enthralled. I hope to have publication news for that one before the summer is out, and I’ll post a blurb and an excerpt on the site soon.

I’m also planning a couple of contests/book giveaways for the blog, because I haven’t run one in a while. This time I'd like to do something different. I’m going to try to introduce my e-book readers to my print books, and vice versa. I’ll get those up in the next few days, so call back if you think you might like to enter!

On the reading front, I’m currently reading Kresley Cole’s NO REST FOR THE WICKED, book 2 in the series, but my 3rd read (I’m out of order ;) and enjoying it immensely. The first two chapters once again had me floored at KC’s talent, and her ability to plot conflicting characters and spellbinding openings. What a writer!

Okay, that’s where I’m at. Hope things are good with you.
Contests coming soon!