Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Countdown to the holiday!

The countdown to Christmas is on, and I *think* I have just about everything in place. Let’s put it this way - I certainly hope so, because I do not intend to go anywhere near the shops tomorrow! :)

When it comes to the desk, I’ve got 90% of the stuff done and gone that was meant to be done and gone at this point. I hope to finish the outstanding jobs and do some more writing during the daytime tomorrow, and then the party starts in the evening!

Yesterday was fun because I received contributor copies for the MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST NEW EROTICA 8. I’m thrilled to bits to have a story in this collection, it’s such an honour. I’m busy feasting my senses on all the other goodies inside. The book is not due out until January, maybe even February in the US. I'll be giving away a copy with my January newsletter, (ahead of release date!) so look out for that one!

This morning I managed to get a short story out the door. It was one that had been waiting around for a while to be resubmitted after being contracted for an anthology that was cancelled. Fingers crossed the new editor likes it. The plan is to keep in touch with my writing over the next week, which hopefully should be doable. I’ve discovered that if I take a few days away it gets harder and harder for me to get back into it. Just a little thing each day seems to keeps me rolling, a few new words, editing a synopsis, notes for a new idea, or updating the web site. It’s like I need that connection.

Ooh, if you haven’t already entered my book give away, you’ve got until the end of Christmas Eve to do so. I’ll be announcing the winners on Boxing Day, the 26th of December. Go here if you want the details of that one.