Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Now shipping: THE STRANGELING

I’m hearing via the grapevine that THE STRANGELING is now available. Hurray! Apologies to the readers who put in advance orders, I think Juno is up to speed now.

I’ll launch my reader contest soon, but in the meantime I want to point you to a great deal over at Juno Books. If you sign up for the newsletter, you can claim $2.00 off books ordered direct. This means you can pick up THE STRANGELING for only $7.95 USD! If you are in the UK and you want to try a batch of Juno books, it may well work out cheaper to use this deal and ship to the UK.

Here’s the link for the newsletter.
Here's the code for the discount.
Here’s the link for buying direct from the publisher.

I’ve also been getting feedback for THE STRANGELING, and I’m very pleased indeed with what the first readers have had to say:

"If you are a fan of this kind of stuff you will find this book a joy. Walker knows her genre and she riffs on its themes brilliantly." Mathilde Madden, for Reflection's Edge

"THE STRANGELING is the sort of story that haunts the reader long after the last page is turned. Saskia Walker has a true gem with this superb fantasy novel coupled with all the elements to make a great paranormal romance as well. This reviewer will definitely be keeping an eye out for further fantasy novels from this fabulous author!" 5 Klovers. Debbie, for CK2s Kwips and Kritiques.

"a wonderful one sitting fantasy" Harriet Klausner, for Alternative Worlds.

and most recently from Milady Insanity: “The Strangeling reads like a fairytale. A dark, sensual fairytale. It’s the kind of book you want to read curled up by the fireplace in winter, perhaps with a nice cup of hot chocolate in your hand. 4 out of 5.”

That’s just the kind of book I wanted it to be! I’m delighted with the reviews and comments. It was always a dream of mine to write fantasy alongside contemporary erotic romance, and I’m very excited to be at this point in my life. It’s a short novel (category length) and I’m hoping to tempt readers of my contemporary work to try this one as well. The story is a fantasy romance with erotic elements, set in a rustic world. Here’s the back cover summary:

One woman alone holds the power to undo the hundred-year-old curse of an invincible army of dead men who wait to prey upon the living. Maerose, a beautiful, resilient maiden must drive back the evil spirits by mating with a man of faith on the dark night of Samhain at the very gates of the underworld. Her dormant magic can only be unleashed by willing submission to her predestined lover . . . but a mad man aligned with the demonic forces of the underworld threatens to possess her in his place.


Click here for an excerpt!
I'll be posting the reader contest very soon.