Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Catching up on myself

Phew, I’m sorry it’s been so quiet around here. Late last night I came out from under a pressing deadline. I’ve got heaps to catch up on after a lost month in November, but I’m gradually getting there. UNVEILING THE SORCERESS is now with my editor at Juno Books. Can we say nervous?! I am, very. This was the biggest, most complex book I’ve written to date, and novel writing still feels relatively new to me, so I hope I’ve achieved everything I set out to do with it. Fingers crossed!

In other news I’ve done quite a few interviews recently. I’m busy updating my website, long overdue, and I’m planning an interview page (it helps me to keep track ;) As well as the EAA interview (see post below,) I was recently interviewed by Jamie Spracklen for the fantasy journal VISIONARY TONGUE. If you’ve read my bio you’ll know that is the place where I was first published, ten years ago. Visionary Tongue is a fascinating project, the brainchild of British fantasy author Storm Constantine, it offers a chance for new authors, artists and poets to be part of an exciting creative project. Check it out!

Issue 21 is now available and includes some super fiction, poetry and the interview with me - very much from a fantasy perspective. Jamie asked some great questions - and just check out the gorgeous cover art by Ruby.