Friday, September 15, 2006

The things we go through to communicate with the world

As of this afternoon I have an Amazon connect profile. For anyone who doesn't know, this is so that authors can post messages on the amazon site for their readers. What an absolute palaver the process is! I still have to get my novels verified as mine, so the messages appear where they are supposed to, but I’d got all the way through the rest of the process and then tried to hook up with my author pals, only to find the system told me I had to buy something before I could make friends. Not suprisingly, manic laughter followed. Like...buying friends? I knew there had to be a catch. And because I’d started a new account for this, I didn’t have any purchases registered. If I order something from Amazon it doesn’t come through Amazon UK, so I have to pay shipping from America for books I can get here. Madness! I'll buckle, but right now I'm playing the grump with it. Luckily my good pal Wendy came to my rescue and befriended me. She'd already been through the whole damn palaver herself.

Next up I’ll be getting myself a MySpace profile to network out there, but that might have to wait a while because writing seems to be sinking to the bottom of the pile of things to be done around here, and it’s not supposed to be that way. Right now, though, I’m off to watch THE CORPSE BRIDE and drink this large glass of cider with my name on it. Have a great weekend!