Saturday, July 08, 2006

Crazy life of a writer

I finally caught up on my JUNE schedule this past week, completing two outstanding short stories I wanted to get done. That means I'm only a week behind now. Not bad, considering it was looking insurmountable at one point. I'm getting there. Crazy life of a writer, though...in the middle of the week I had this whole novel drop into my head one morning, quite unexpectedly and when I wasn't even thinking about writerly things. When this happens, I have to stop everything and get it down. Fast. LOL I got a short synopsis/road plan done that day and it's with my lovely agent now to see what she thinks of its potential -- fingers crossed! I'm already in love with the story and itching to get it into the schedule, the characters were immediately alive and fully formed for me, names, quirks, voice, the lot. It's a contemporary erotic romance with a paranormal twist, set in a veritable facsimile of a village we have stayed in, on the East coast of Scotland.

All in all it was a hectic week, with various appointments sucking time out, and I have another busy one coming up, but I’m just pleased to be functioning on all writing cylinders again and carving through the deadlines. Next up, shuffling the July and August schedules. I am rubbing my hands in glee! Hope you’re all having a great weekend!