Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Another new sale!

I’m so pleased to be able to announce this sale, my third novella for the Red Sage SECRETS erotic romance series. This novella, WHAT YOU WISH FOR, was written over a year ago and I revised it last summer. It has been on hold because I was waiting to be assigned to a new editor. I learnt heaps from Judith Pich, my previous editor, but I’ve now been assigned to Cindy Roussos who is also very talented and equally enthusiastic about my work. Cindy contacted me last night to let me know that she loved the story and tell me the good news about the sale. Wooohoo!

WHAT YOU WISH FOR is another favourite of mine. The story is set in Cornwall, where we used to spend holidays when I was between the age of 8 and 13. My imagination was harnessed by Cornish myths and legends, as well as the rugged, incredible landscape. As an adult I attended a wedding in Newquay, the pretty, (surfer’s paradise) harbour town with a dramatic coastline, and that’s where the story is set. I grabbed this photo from google images to show you the famous Bedruthen Steps. This rocky coastline is reknonwed through history, a spot where many a vessel came a cropper. It also has an important role in my story. ;-) Here’s the blurb:

Lucy Chambers loves life in her historic house on the rugged Cornish coast. The only thing that would make it even better is if the sexy man who walked through her dreams every night was real. Little does Lucy know about Cornish magic... Under the watchful eye of the local white witch, Lucy is about to find out about the power of wishes and the vagaries of time. Two centuries before, Cullen Thaine wishes for one last night with an English wench before leaving for the colonies to pay a debt of honour, and then Lucy finds herself in his arms.

She has to be dreaming, right? So why not enjoy the experience? And they do, their mutual passion burning fiercely through Cullen’s last hours on English soil. But fate works in mysterious ways and Lucy finds she can no more face his leaving than she can figure out how she got sent back in time. What will transpire when Cullen confesses he longs to stay in his beloved Cornwall, and can Lucy find a way to make all their dreams come true?


No idea when it will come out as yet, but very happy to have a third slot in the SECRETS series.

In other news, it’s still freezing here and the cat is huddled by my side on the sofa, happily watching the fireplace.