Saturday, December 10, 2005

Still editing...

It’s amazing. I’m going through this 90,000 word book and I’m changing the repeated words (my speciality of errors when writing,) picking up any typos I missed on the other zillion read-throughs, and chopping off the occasional meaningless add-on sentences. I didn't think I’d taken that much out, and then I suddenly noticed the manuscript had gone down by 3 pages! 3 whole pages! Yikes. Soon adds up.

So, yes, another work day here today. I admire writers who can keep it to office hours and treat it as a job with regular boundaries. Alas I couldn't do that in my regular jobs LOL so I’m hopeless with this one, where I am master of my own destiny. It is on my list of things to change in the New Year. I want to regain my weekends and spend at least one whole day per weekend out with the Man of the House. As it is I usually work for a half day on both Saturday and Sunday and then we break free.

We’ve actually booked a few days off, the week after next. Miracle of miracles. We haven’t been away in ages and now we're doubling up and having a couple of days shopping in the beautiful city of York, with an overnighter in a hotel to celebrate my new contract. I can’t wait!

Here’s a super link courtesy of Zaz. If you love Buffy, M/M sexuality, Spike/Angel slash fiction or the fandabidozie Nine Inch Nails, you have to go here and download the viddie for CLOSER LOL. I suppose I’d better add all the usual disclaimers: adult content, explicit images of sexy men, arousing lyrics, etc etc. ;-))

That’s about it for now. It's freezing cold here in the north of England, as I shall now demonstrate by showing you a piccie of our fireguard….

5 comments:

wendywoo said...

Crikey! You weren't kidding when you said that Big Cat is *big*! What a giant hunk of adorableness... :)

Sounds like a good resolution to try and work more rational hours. It's something I'd like to do myself, and will probably put on my own list of resolutions this year. Only to lapse by the first week in Jan...

Have a fab time in York with your bloke!

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks, Wendy.

Oh, yes she's huge LOL But not the biggest cat I've met. That award goes to an American cat called Charmin, who I could barely lift. It was fun trying though.

ZaZa said...

Ooh, the Kittie is all out there in the open rather than hidden in a closet or something. Must be the warmth of the fire. It looks lovely, but I'm just as glad to be in California.

b'gina said...

For seconds...yes, Charmin was a big hunka love, wasn't he? I wish I hadn't lost all my pics of him and the time you were here over the hols when my old hard drive crashed. I would really like to have that one of you and him and the leopard print bedspread. ;+)

Saskia Walker said...

Zaz ~ Big Cat comes out of hiding more and more, now that she is the only cat in the house. It's almost like having a *real* cat, instead of some pagan deity who hovers in the undergrowth!