Friday, June 27, 2014

A long overdue update.

I haven't been around here or on social media much for a long time, for which I apologize. Long story, here's the short version: I'm on crutches at the moment and for the foreseeable months. Anyone who has mobility problems will know that day to day stuff is so much more difficult, and what with that and hospital stuff I had to take a break from my writing. I've got a wonderful editor, so kind and understanding, and my agent has been incredibly supportive too. I'm very lucky to have such great people to work with. 

The actual condition is nothing new, I've had this problem with the joints in my right leg for over 20 years now, and it flares up from time to time. This time it's been a bit worse though and I'm currently back and forth to my (wonderful ) medical support team, and I'm also seeing a top surgeon to see what he thinks should be done with me. Gulp! I'm torn between wanting him to say just leave it alone - carry on as best I can - and hoping that he will come up with some wonderful idea on how to make my leg work better. Too risky to go with the latter, methinks, but will be interesting to see what happens when he gets my scans etc.

Meanwhile my writing has been on hold for quite a while now, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. The good news I now have a downstairs office, which makes it a hella lot easier for me on a day to day basis.

In book news THE BURLINGTON MANOR AFFAIR has been out for a few weeks now. It's in print and digital in Australia and digital first everywhere else. If you pick up this book and enjoy it please let me know and put a smile on this author's face ;) The Taskill Witches series books continue to be translated, which is wonderful news. I have a lot of fun seeing the updates and the different covers, and receiving my author copies through the post. It's one of the best things about working for Harlequin. They have offices all over the world who can select books from the US and UK offices for translation. Just yesterday had a wonderful surprise. I'd recently received Finnish copies and when I visited the Finland Harlequin site to have a look I discovered THE JEZEBEL and THE HARLOT were at number 1 and 2 in their chart. Just amazed to see that and it really gave me a boost. Thank you, Finland!!



For readers out there who are hoping for something new from me the best I've currently got to share is a re release that should be out in the next couple of months. If you haven't already read THE RIGHT MEN FORTHE JOB it's a long novella/short novel. It has a super hot new cover done by the awesome Frauke at Croco Designs. Nom! :)

My next novel for Harlequin will be a contemporary erotic romance set in London. This one is called BOUND FOR TROUBLE. I've started the book but it’s the big project that has been on hold. All being well I hope to begin work on that again soon. No scheduled publication date as yet until I get up to speed again.

Big thanks to those out there who have tweeted me and mailed me your feedback on the Taskills books and THE BURLINGTON MANOR AFFAIR. So pleased to hear readers are enjoying the stories!