Monday, April 11, 2011

Catching up with all my news!

Hi folks, I hope this finds you greeting the new week with a smile. We've just had the most amazing weekend here in the north of England -- sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, and even some (gasp!) heat. A taste of summer! Some of our neighbours even ventured as far as lighting barbecues... of course some of our neighbours have been known to light barbecues in the freezing cold rain, but that's another story. The unexpected glorious weather put me in a good place to start the week. Yay!

I've been busy learning a lot of new software recently and I have to say my brain hurts, but in a good way -- i.e the kind of way that helps to keep it in shape. ;) Writing wise I've got a short story and a novelette on the go at the moment, as well as working on scene outlines for FAYE'S SPIRIT (the novel I will be working on during May.)

I've also had some more terrific news about RAMPANT. Following on from the Passionate Plume finalist listing, I am able to share the news that RAMPANT has been listed as a finalist in both the CRW 2011 Award of Excellence and the Write Touch Readers' Award. I'm blown away about the positive response this novel is having!

Meanwhile, judging by the UK Kindle charts, people are giving my work a try and downloading the free version. Yay! If you are one of those readers and you're new to me, thank you so much for picking up the book. I hope it's been a good read for you.

In other news a lovely new review came in from You Gottta Read Reviews for UNASHAMED, my most recent collection of short erotic stories. Here's a snip!
"I have said it before and I will say it again, Saskia Walker is the queen of steam and she does not disappoint her readers with this compilation of short stories in Unashamed. This time she has assembled eighteen of what have to be the hottest, most explicit and completely unusual tales that I have read in some time, stories that I am sure will become favorites after reading this book. The stories range from the macabre, to the strangely innocent, to D/s and anything in between; each one completely different from the next, illustrating Ms. Walker's mastery of the written word. This author is not presenting her readers with “cookie cutter” versions of the same stories over again, each one is its' own entity. Was I surprised? Certainly and, I was also more than pleased."

Big grin from me! Happy readers make me happy! :)

My work plans for the near future are to finish up working on these two shorties I have on the go at the moment. I need to do that soon because we're having a bit of a break around Easter time for some house maintenance and chill time, followed by a quick trip to Wales to visit Portmeirion in early May. Portmeirion is the place where the cult TV series THE PRISONER was filmed and I've always wanted to visit. I'm very excited about being able to do so at last! I plan to blog about that after the event, so if there is anyone else out there who is a fan of the series and hasn't been able to visit the location I'll have photos and reports.



Have a great week!