Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Even MORE yummy cover goodness: THE HARLOT


COVER COPY: It is a Dark Era, one when a lusty lass will do what she must to survive. Even if it means bartering flesh for a palmful of coins…

Forced to watch her mother burned at the stake and separated from her siblings in the aftermath, Jessie Taskill is similarly gifted, ripe with a powerful magic that must stay hidden. Until one night when she's accused by a rival, and Jessie finds herself behind prison walls with a roguish priest unlike any man of the cloth she has known.

In reality, Gregor Ramsay is as far from holy as the devil himself, but his promise of freedom in return for her services may be her salvation. Locked into a dubious agreement, Jessie resents his plan to have her seduce and ruin his lifelong enemy. But toying with Gregor’s lust for her is enjoyable, and she agrees to be his pawn while secretly intending to use him just as he is using her.


Available in June! :)
Go here to read an excerpt.

14 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

Wow, you have been so lucky to get such amazing covers...I love it..Congrats

Saskia Walker said...

So glad you like it, Savannah! It suits the story so well. Spice do great covers and I have been very lucky!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Very nice.

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks, Madelynne!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Ooh, very harlot-y, me like!

Can't wait to read the book! :)

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks, Lucy! :D You should have seen my cover art form, I think I wrote "bawdy!" all over it, but they obviously liked that. lol!

Portia Da Costa said...

Oh, that is just utterly gorgeous! I absolutely love it!

If I get anything even a quarter as nice as that, I'll be over the moon.

And speaking as someone who's read The Harlot, it perfectly represents the story and naughty Jessie!

Saskia Walker said...

It's spot on, isn't it! Jessie would love it. ;-)

I can't wait to see yours too. It'll be stunning. The Spice team are so good at capturing the mood of a story as well as the period.

Casey Sheridan said...

Oh my! Cover and blurb and excellent! I can't wait for this to come out. I'm going to start saving my coins now!

Saskia Walker said...

I'm so glad it appeals, Casey! Thanks so much for calling by and commenting.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, I love that cover!! How hot is that?!

Gregor said...

Hi there Saskia, definately going to give some of your books a read . all the very best

Gregor Ramsay (scotland)

Saskia Walker said...

Hey Janine! So glad you like the cover. :)

Saskia Walker said...

Hi Gregor! Thank you for commenting. It was a real treat seeing your name here. :) That's the first time I've named a character and have someone come forward with the same name.

If you pick up some of my work I hope you enjoy. You'll find plenty of free reads and excerpts on my website: www.saskiawalker.co.uk. If you pick up The Harlot I hope enjoy the fictional Gregor. He's a bit of a rogue. :)