Monday, July 12, 2010

*Knock knock* Yes, I'm still here, behind the monitor

Time for a peek out from behind my monitor? Yup.

It's been hot! This has made working in my tiny office difficult this past week, especially in the afternoons. I moved through the house with my laptop looking for cool spots, and somehow I managed to beat the weather and press on.

July is all about lots and lots of writing, and so far I’m staying on top of what has to be done. The short story I wanted to complete is done and gone. Yay! I had hoped to complete a first draft of The Harlot at around 90,000 words, which would have left me 10,000 words to play with as I worked through the second draft. However, it looks as if the first draft needs to be at least 95,000 words to fit all the story in, so that plan has been blown out of the water and replaced with plan b. ;-) Don't worry, it makes sense to me. :o)

I’m still writing across two novels in tandem, and that seems to be working out. I hope it lasts! I flit from one to the other and both are moving forward at a good pace. MONICA'S SECRET is at around 50%, THE HARLOT at just over 90%. Both will be done by the end of the month.

More updates coming later today!