Monday, August 25, 2008

Hero material?

So I'm working on RAMPANT and I suddenly realised that the models I have in mind for my good guy are all bad guys. LOL! Is there anything wrong with that, I wonder... briefly. ;> My good guy is a powerful witch, and - even though he's also an academic - he's far from being a polished, classicly handsome stud. He is good looking (in an alternative way) but he's also rough around the edges when it comes to women. He's wry, intelligent, and he walks the line between light and dark magic when he takes on an age old coven war. Oh yeah, and he knows how to harness the pagan magic intrinsic in sex. Handy that, ay.

Here are some of the piccies I'm..er, enjoying. All in the name of research and character building. :D



Above, Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2.

Below, is it just me or does the slogan on this tickle your naughty bone? It's just me, isn't it...? :>




I've always had a thing for Julian Sands, but if (back when Bros were in the charts) anyone had told me I'd be using Luke Goss as a model for one of my characters in years to come, I'd have laughed. A lot. But, you know, since he's been playing the bad guy in films like Blade and Hellboy he has a certain alluring quality that I rather like...