Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy week ahead

I’m relieved to report that I finally got back to a normal schedule around midweek last week. Yay! A partial is done and out the door, and I’m now steaming ahead with a short story as well as planning scene by scene for RAMPANT. It’s going to be a busy few months ahead.

Writer pal Portia and I got together on Friday for an official writers meet. Ahem. Maybe that should be: got together to string out our conference experience for as long as possible..? LOL! It was a super day, and we did congratulate ourselves on having coped as well as we did.

The somewhat odd thing is that I find myself having to make a decision about next year’s conference, already. That’s because the Romantic Times convention booking will start soon. If I want to do that one instead of the RWA national conference, I have to decide imminently. If I’m able to do another one, and I hope I am, I’m not quite sure which one to do. I can't afford both, and the RWA national was such a positive experience for me that I’m drawn to doing that one again. I’d like to attend an RT convention, but perhaps it would be best to do that one when I have more books out. Anyway, I shall make that decision soon.

Meanwhile, I came away from my meet with Portia happily clutching a copy of her forthcoming Black Lace novel IN TOO DEEP. This one is due out in the UK in about three weeks, so I’m an advance copy holder! Lucky me!!! In fact I’ve been lucky to have the opportunity to read all of Portia’s work in manuscript form for about three years now, but unfortunately I couldn’t read this one at that time, so it's going to be a real treat. We're going away for a couple of days later this week and I'll be taking it with me. I’ll post about it when I get back!

Thank you for posting birthday wishes! We had a lazy Sunday browsing in the bookshops and had lunch out. It even stayed dry, which (at the mo) is a miracle here in England. Our trip away is to Durham, one of our favourite cities in the North of England. We always enjoy our times there and, now that I've bonded with my digital camera, (long story,) I hope to share some photos when I get back. Lots to be done before then, though, so I better crack on or I won’t have earned my break.

Hope you have a great week.