Monday, June 16, 2008

A new week

It’s the start of a new week, and I’m feeling goooood. :) Last week was productive. I’ve got a new short story on the go, (alongside the other short story and the novella that are already on the go. Seriously, I work best this way!) and I’m feeling comfortable with my schedule again after an uneven couple of months.

I've discovered that for some reason I achieve most when I stay away from word counts, meters, writing challenges, and so on. I’m a very social person, but when it comes to writing I thrive with my workload when I’m simply left playing in my own sandpit. Maybe it’s something to do with being an only child. Whatever it is, I don’t seem to have the competing gene. I’ve tried to do several types of challenges and it just doesn’t work for me.

I’m slowly getting used to the idea that RECKLESS is shipping early. LOL! This book means a lot to me and I feel like I should be standing by in my best outfit, proud and glowing, on publication day. The date has, however, snuck up on me while I’ve been getting ready for the RWA conference and pushing forward with the current WiP. I’m watching out for my author copies though, because then I can jump up and down and squeal and celebrate :) We have a few days away in North Wales coming up next week, but I'll be at home for the official release date.

In other news, July's edition of SCARLET magazine features one of my short stories (more on that soon) and two editors I love and respect have asked if they could use some of my writing. Needless to say I'm absolutely thrilled with all these things going on. The editors enquiries in particular felt like a great compliment, so that’s all good. More news on that soon.

Ooh, to finish up, here's something for authors. Manic Readers are hosting complimentary author promo pages. Go here to register.

You can visit my page by clicking on the banner.

Manic Readers