Thursday, October 18, 2007

70 days with Sven, reporting in

Sven has me sweating, yay! :) Today is day four of the challenge. I hit 3K last night and woke up with a problem solved. Sometimes that happens for me. I can't figure out what's wrong with a piece, I go to sleep and when I wake up I realise what it is. In this case, two short scenes are in the wrong order to achieve their full impact. It's a little thing, but across the novella it will be crucial for the story arc.

The other good news is that my lovely CP has read the first two chapters and loves it, so that really encourages me. I've had doubts and shaky confidence about my writing over the last few months (for various reasons) so I gave a big sigh of relief. Hoping for another good "workout" with Sven today.

If you're doing the challenge - power to your elbow. Get typing! :)