Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

It’s my birthday, and my treat is Bettie Page. Grin. Well, we're off to see the film this weekend, and I’ve been looking forward to this one for ages. The birthday is on hold because I'm snowed under. (If only we really could put them on hold, ay ;-) The Man of the House has a surprise lined up for after I've finished my current WiP, and all I know is that it involves a band I enjoy, playing live in a different city. I sense a night away, maybe. What fun! More on that as it is revealed. I have to finish the WiP to earn the prize! Better get on with it... Meanwhile, I’ll leave you with the delectable Bettie, who I've been smitten with ever since I first went to The Torture Garden, where they were showing continuous reels of Bettie film on the wall in one of the rooms. yum.

12 comments:

wendywoo said...

Happy Birthday, mate! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful one, even if you are busy!

I fancy that Bettie Page movie too, although will probably end up watching it on DVD eventually... I have some pix of hers in various photography books I have, and she is very captivating.

Love, Wendy

Saskia Walker said...

Aww thanks, Wendy! Hugs! Will post about the film. I've heard good things.

Milady Insanity said...

My birthday was yesterday, so happy birthday to a fellow Leo, Saskia!

Saskia Walker said...

Thank you, milady. And belated happy birthday to you!

Devon Ellington said...

Happy Birthday!

May a great day be the start to a great year!

Alison Tyler said...

Happy birthday, Saskia!
I hope you have a lovely day and a wonderful, successful year!

Best, Alison

Jordan Summers said...

Happy Birthday, Saskia!!! May you have many, many more. :D There seem to be a lot of birthdays happening this month. May's was yesterday. My critique partner's is next week. Lots of celebrations to be had. I shall raise a glass in your honor. :)

Bailey Stewart said...

Happy Birthday Saskia!

Dave said...

Happy Birthday from New Zealand.

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks everyone! Had a great evening, Japanese food in the city and some of my favourite tipple. Seem to be a bit slow getting started today ;-)

Nikki said...

Ach struth, I wished you happy birthday yesterday but the computer ate it.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Nikki xx

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks, Nikki! :)