Friday, August 25, 2006

End of the week

End of the week, and the end of the edits, I'm happy to report. I take edits slowly. It's a learning experience and I want to be sure I don’t miss anything, so that it all sinks in. I’ve been laughing at myself today, though. During SEX LIES AND BONDAGE TAPE the mid section takes place in a hotel suite. During the sequence of scenes in that setting my protagonist’s bra was on and off like a yoyo. The copy editor had diligently gone through and marked up where it was on, where it was miraculously off, on again, and best of all -- when the hero magically got through or round it without taking it off at all, (and he's in bondage at the time, which proves he's true hero material. LOL) What a guy! And you thought it was only French knickers that worked that way. Ha! Guess I was concentrating on what was going on in other...regions. Ahem. It struck me as particularly hilarious. It's been a tough week. Thank goodness that was the only major headache I gave the copy editor. With any luck she was amused too.

So, I’m back to the fantasy novel, with a sigh of relief. With everything that came in this week, I realised that I've got 3 novels and 2 novellas coming out in the next ten months. That’s not at lot compared to some – Sylvia Day has 8 novels coming out in the next year, a prospect that makes my head spin. This is all so new to me, I admit that I’m a bit shell-shocked, but I am getting there.

I promised an excerpt last weekend and forgot all about it, so this weekend I’ll give you two, one each from the two projects I’ve just edited. Until then, hope you’re getting ready for a fun weekend, wherever you are!