Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Who, me?

Someone thinks I'm a "popular erotica writer." Surely some mistake, was my first reaction. Then I got embarrassed, (I'm very shy) then I got all bleary eyed and happy. What am I on about? Seeing my name mentioned this way on Amazon. It totally floored me.

Restraint is sexy. A simple leather strap, a shiny pair of handcuffs, a delicate silk scarf, a dominant’s stern gaze. The yearning for a partner who will take control can grip one as powerfully as the most intricate, indecipherable rope knot. In Slave to Love, Alison Tyler gathers the most popular — and often most taboo — fantasies of sexual control and erotic restraint. Featuring such popular erotica writers as Thomas Roche, Saskia Walker, and Rachel Kramer Bussel, Slave to Love is luscious, naughty, and infinitely sexy.

I'm stunned. I never thought I'd see my name alongside amazing writers like Rachel and Thomas. It lifted my spirits after a rough few days. Many thanks to Cleis Press and to editor Alison Tyler, one of the loveliest people in this biz. And with that happy thought, I better get back to work. These stories don't write themselves. Alas ;-)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Of course you should be on there! Hello? You've written tons of stuff. Honored to be in your company. Plus, the cover is so hot!

ZaZa said...

What Rachel said.

You've earned your position, so enjoy it. ;+)

wendywoo said...

*Of course* you should be namechecked like that! You've contributed wonderful writing to many prestigious anthologies, not to mention your novellas and ebooks! And there must be great readership out there who are all just itching to read your Berkley... me foremost among them!:)

Saskia Walker said...

Thanks guys!

Rachel ~ ha! Easy for you to say, you’re used to this. ;-) I could paper the walls with my rejection letters. I’ve worked hard and long to get past that, but sometimes I still can’t believe it.

And the cover is HOT, yes. I love it. There isn't a Cleis cover I don’t like though. Their art person is so gifted, it’s superb work.

Sasha White said...

I'm with the rest of them. You're a "name" in erotica , baby!! It's about time Amazon realized it!

Sylvia Day said...

That rocks!!! :)

Karen Mojo said...

Well done and I am sure your Foot Step onto the Rung of Amazon is just the beginning!!
All the best

Kate Hardy said...

Yes, YOU. You're starting to get the recognition you deserve. Excellent news!