Monday, December 12, 2005

Have fun with Google alerts

They say that the most frequently entered search term on Google is people's own names. I was surprised when I first read that information, but now that I know…I’ve joined in the fun! What’s even better is that you can set up a Google alert in your own name, so any time someone posts something about you and it’s picked up on a Google trawl, you get mailed about it. I get quite a few smiles this way. The latest was this one, where I found that a story I subbed for an anthology is being used as a taster in the publisher's press release! What fun! This isn’t the sort of thing I’d ever normally ever see. And what an uber-sexy cover, I must say. ..

Busy day here today, trying to get through stuff as the days count down to Christmas. Still coughing, but managed to get quite a few little bits and pieces done. Next up I’m putting together a webring for the Secrets authors, it’s fun and a new challenge for me, which I love – wish me luck!